The concealed valley. Limbukha

Did you ever heard about this hidden valley of Limbukha in Punakha? The valley opens up to its best and I just couldn’t imagine its view in summer while I was awestruck with its winter serenity. This valley is pampered beautifully with large fields, chirping birds, traditionally carved houses and welcoming people. It is located somewhere when we cross the old age home in Tsho-chasa which is located at the peak of the mountain after we drive for about 20-30 minutes from the main highway of Punakha- Wangdue.



This place took us into its roots through the dense forest of Lumsum community forest (CF). So let me tell you all why we were there for a night and two days. Actually we are in our final year and it’s by virtue of academics that we have to do a project work which is kind of research thesis but not exactly thesis. So for this, one of my friends had to do her data collection from that place. We went there as a helping hand.
Starting from transportation to accommodation, we got help. So we were just sturdy enough to collect data. We started our journey from college with all the necessary things starting from knife to rice cookers and sleeping bags on 21st February 2020. We were eight in total. Five of us are from same department and two of them from Forestry department but same batch.

After one hour or so we reached to our destination via beautiful valley of Limbukha. Our exact location was somewhat towards the end of the village which is actually a meeting hall for the community there. It was quite clean and had a proper washroom too. We got settled with everything and had maggie for lunch as we had to move to the field and start our work from day one itself. So after lunch, we headed to the field.

We were really worried about the completion of work as we assumed that it will be really difficult to complete within that time zone. Moreover when we woke up the next morning it was raining unexpectedly. But luckily it stopped after a while. We had our breakfast and headed back to the field. And by the way, we had a warm camp fire with random conversation after dinner and had a peaceful sleep the night before. The study area (CF) was so dense that I literally gave up walking further after lunch that day.
I pity myself for being not able to help my friends though I went there to help. So I just let my friends work faster and I left the work as I was an extra burden.

Hopefully we completed our work before evening and were able to move at around 5pm. In a nutshell I can say that this valley and the experience taught us so many things like every raw trip did and I discovered more about myself and learned how to survive in various conditions.


For more detail and visual treat, I will be uploading the vlog soon. STAY TUNED!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Dungtsho, Phajoding, Thimphu

Trip to Kabji-Hoka Tsho, Punakha and COVID-19